Stoke Rochford Hall is now used as a conference centre and banqueting facility. It was built by William Burn for Christopher Turnor between 1841 and 1843 in the Jacobean style, many gabled, with multiple chimneys and finial-capped turrets, altogether a fine sight to behold. In front of the forecourt is a magnificent ironwork gate and railings.
The church of St. Mary and St. Andrew is 12th century and houses many monuments to the Rochford, Turnor and Cholmeley families as well as one from the early 14th century believed to be that of Sir John de Nevill died 1316.
Three Roman villas have been found in the Stoke Rochford area.
Next Stop: Harlaxton Manor