Robin Hood's Race In Nottingham, two miles north-east of the city centre (589419)
This was the name of an ancient 'miz-maze' of unknown origin. It was cut into the turf on Blue Bell Hill, near to Robin Hood's Well, two miles north-east of the city centre. Its other name was the 'Shepherd's Race' and its earliest reference appears to be from the 1620s. It may have been associated with a group of monks looking after the well, though this seems unlikely. It was ploughed up in 1797 when the area was turned over to farming. Various copies were produced in the 19th century, but these too have disappeared.