1. Collection of personal information
We collect information required to open an account, and to transact business effectively. To do this, we gather information to help us assess your needs and preferences and meet our regulatory obligations. The information we collect directly from you includes information required:
- To communicate with you, including your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- By law to determine your identity including, but not limited to, your residential address, passport details, employment details and date of birth.
- To administer and operate your account and monitor and analyse its conduct.
- To provide services to you and improve any of the Firm’s operations, procedures, products.
- To carry out statistical and other analysis
- You directly provide to us the majority of information we collect. You do this by completing the account application and related documentation, by placing a trade, by sending us an e-mail or by submitting information in response to a promotion or special offer.
2. Who may we disclose the personal information to?
Depending on the product or service concerned and particular restrictions on sensitive information, this means that personal information may be disclosed to:
- other companies within our group who provide financial and other services
- service providers and specialist advisers to us who have been contracted to provide us with administrative, financial, insurance, research or other services
- introducing brokers with whom we have a mutual relationship (any of whom may be within or outside the European Economic Area)
- credit providers, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as agreed or authorised by law
- credit reporting or reference agencies
- anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract
Should you have any questions or complaints about your privacy please contact us. If a complaint is not resolved by Britannia to your satisfaction, you may complain to the Information Commissioner Office.
Under the UK data protection legislation, you have (subject to certain exceptions) the right to obtain copies of any personal information which we hold about you and to inform Britannia of any inaccuracy. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
If you have a request, please contact us to obtain a subject access request form.